January 25, 2022
BLOOMBERG MEDIA’S GLOBAL CAMPAIGN SETS BOLD EXPECTATIONS FOR THE NEW GENERATION OF BUSINESS LEADERS
#ChangetheWorld research study provides insight into making an impact – what it means, who’s doing it and how prepared people feel to take the lead
Debuting January 25, Bloomberg Media’s new global brand campaign, “Before you change the world. Bloomberg.” challenges the new era of leaders to think boldly about their societal impact and role in creating the future of global business. The hero spot “You Will” invokes a spirit of limitless possibility, encouraging viewers to be the solution to today’s most pressing challenges — from equality to climate change and financial markets disruption: “be the first Chief Crypto Officer…put a woman on Mars…bring forth global cooling.” The campaign speaks to current and potential Bloomberg.com subscribers, interested in the business of equality, climate, technology, fashion and more.
As part of the work, Bloomberg Media is also debuting its first #ChangetheWorld Research Report, gaining modern leaders’ perspectives on what creating an impact means and how motivated and prepared they feel today. The study’s insights on leadership will feature as images and animated graphics within out-of-home (OOH) executions, including New York City’s Grand Central Terminal interior and exterior on January 31 through February 27. Developed in collaboration with the Detroit-based agency Doner, the full campaign will also be widely shown across various digital and OTT platforms including Hulu, Amazon and Spotify through the Spring as well as JetBLUE Airline.
“Our recent research shows that 80% percent of people think it’s important to play a role in changing the world, but only 57% of them feel prepared to do it,” said Anne Kawalerski, Chief Marketing Officer, Bloomberg Media. “Times of significant global challenge need to be met with bold ambition and innovation. Our role at Bloomberg Media, and with this campaign specifically, is to provide the data and facts that empower leaders – from established decision-makers to young, hungry entrepreneurs – who want to define and create their own impact.”
Highlights from the #ChangetheWorld research report show that:
- 80% of modern leaders say it’s important for them to play a role in changing the world but the definition of “changing the world” varies across generations. Boomers, for example, define it as contributing small actions while Millennials define it as making a positive impact at work and Gen Z as solving a global challenge.
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) is top of mind for modern leaders, ranking ESG solutions as the most impactful change we can make in the world. #1: cleaning earth’s water, #2: reversing global warming and #3: eradicating racial injustice.
- Millennials feel more prepared than any other generation to change the world.
- Study participants believe that having relevant data and insight is the most important tool they need to come up with a world-changing idea. Notably, Gen Z thinks differently – believing influence is the most important tool to arrive at world changing ideas.
- West coast and Southern residents are ahead in feeling more prepared to change the world. Los Angeles residents feel most prepared, followed by Dallas, Atlanta and Houston.
Having launched its paid subscriptions business in 2018, Bloomberg.com reaches approximately 360,000 active subscribers. Quicktake, its ad-supported streaming network, launched in November 2020 and now features programs including “Emma Barnett Meets, “Idea Generation” and “Business of Beauty.” Chris Paul’s new show “How I Got Here” will debut in Spring 2022.
About Bloomberg Media
Bloomberg Media is a leading, global, multi-platform brand that provides decision-makers with timely news, analysis and intelligence on business, finance, technology, climate change, politics and more. Powered by a newsroom of over 2,700 journalists and analysts, it reaches influential audiences worldwide across every platform including digital, social, TV, radio, print, and live events. Bloomberg Media is a division of Bloomberg LP. Visit BloombergMedia.com for more information.