October 21, 2019
Video originals begin debuting today on OTT platforms, Bloomberg TV+, Bloomberg.com, and more
New York, October, 21, 2019 – Bloomberg Media is debuting a new slate of programming optimized for OTT beginning today. The video originals will live across Bloomberg Media’s entire network, including Bloomberg TV+, the Bloomberg app on OTT, Bloomberg.com, YouTube, and Bloomberg’s social channels.
The launch marks Bloomberg Media’s expansion into long-form and broader-business focused programming, and the next step in diversifying Bloomberg’s OTT offerings for a digital audience. The first slate spotlights the advancements occurring in multiple industries including space, transportation, science, and health, as well as their potential economic impact. It also offers a deeper look at the world of investigative journalism.
“The new slate of OTT programming reflects a larger commitment to storytelling and delivering premium content across a range of different platforms,” said Tre Shallowhorn, Global Head of Video and Executive Producer for Bloomberg News. “With a focus on broader business topics, we’re able to engage our existing audience around a different style of content that is still relevant to them — and is authentic to Bloomberg — while also widening our appeal.”
- Giant Leap: A growing number of industries, including mining, tourism, and telecommunications, are investing millions of dollars to open new frontiers of revenue in near-earth orbit. The four-episode series profiles the breakneck competition to get to space, to live in space, and to work and sustain life there as humankind strives to colonize and prosper in the expanse beyond earth’s atmosphere.
- Moon Shot: The four-episode series explores some of the major breakthroughs scientists are striving to achieve across multiple disciplines, including the harnessing of fusion energy, eradicating dengue – the fastest spreading tropical disease, discovering extraterrestrial intelligence and the advancement of neuromorphic computing.
- Accelerate test-drives the vehicles of the future, providing viewers with an in-depth exploration of the science, ethos and implications of those vehicles. Each episode will look at a different revolutionary transportation technology and its inventors, exploring what the future could look like if the technology were to be widely adopted.
- Prognosis, sponsored by Stanford Health Care, profiles the cutting-edge treatments that are changing the current state of medicine. Each episode will follow the story of a patient undergoing a radical new kind of treatment and the doctors attempting to cure his or her disease. The series follows the successful launch of the new coverage area on digital on the future of healthcare that also includes a weekly podcast and newsletter.
- Storylines takes a look at the world of investigative journalism. The premiere episode profiles a Bloomberg News investigation into Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro’s selling off Venezuela’s gold reserves, as the United States imposed sanctions on the country.
The launch follows the recent debut of Bloomberg TV+, an enhanced version of Bloomberg Television that combines the power of Bloomberg data and trusted programming with a state-of-the art digital format.
“Earlier this year we launched Bloomberg TV+ as the first step in evolving our existing Bloomberg products for streaming audiences,” said M. Scott Havens, Global Head of Digital and Media Distribution, Bloomberg Media. “As we continue to expand our OTT offerings, this new original programming is a great example of how Bloomberg Media is leveraging emerging distribution platforms to scale our reach among global business executives and integrate innovate new advertising opportunities for our trusted brand partners.”
Bloomberg Media, the consumer-facing media organization of Bloomberg LP, is the leading global business and financial media company reaching a premium audience of more than 80 million consumers. With over 2,700 journalists and analysts across 120 countries, Bloomberg Media Group connects influential audiences to news, ideas and intelligence across every platform: digital, TV, radio, print and live events.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. For more information, visit Bloomberg.com/company or request a demo.