May 23, 2017
Bloomberg LIVE’s new global Invest event series will engage leaders in finance, economics and markets, with the aim of helping institutional investors in New York, London, Abu Dhabi and Myanmar make profitable decisions for 2017 and beyond
New York, May 23, 2017 — Bloomberg LIVE today announced its inaugural Bloomberg Invest New York Summit, a two-day conference at Bloomberg headquarters in New York City on June 6-7th, 2017. An invitation-only event, Bloomberg Invest New York will bring together the most influential and dynamic leaders of the investment world for an in-depth exploration of the challenges and opportunities posed by the constantly changing financial, economic and regulatory landscape. Speakers include Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman, Nasdaq CEO Adena Friedman, PIMCO Global Chief Investment Officer Daniel Ivascyn, TPG Co-CEO Jon Winkelried and AQR Capital Co-founder Cliff Asness.
The opening night program on Tuesday, June 6th will feature back-to-back televised interviews with Tom Barrack, Jr., Executive Chairman of Colony NorthStar, and Kynikos Founder and Managing Partner Jim Chanos. As part of the summit, financier and philanthropist David Rubenstein will tape a live interview with Elliott Management Corporation Founder and President Paul E. Singer for an episode of the upcoming season of Bloomberg’s prime-time television and digital series “The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations.”
“Alongside a very distinguished group of speakers, with interviews that will be broadcast live across our multiple platforms, the Bloomberg Invest New York Summit will convene an audience of leading asset managers and asset owners representing more than $16 trillion,” said Stephen Colvin, Global Head of Bloomberg LIVE. “Combining this with our prestigious group of sponsors, Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, Abu Dhabi Global Market, Nasdaq, PowerShares by Invesco QQQ and SEI, we are certain to deliver on our summit tagline of ‘Big Money Big Ideas’.”
The summit is a marquee event of Buy-Side Week, a week-long set of engagements targeting critical buy-side audiences and the topics they care about. Hosted by Bloomberg’s Financial Products, Buy-Side Week will create a robust, engaging and holistic experience that positions Bloomberg as the pre-eminent destination for both the buy-side and sell-side audiences.
“We are excited to launch this new financial summit at a time when the investment landscape is changing at an increasingly rapid pace,” said Mark Miller, Editor, Bloomberg LIVE. “With Bloomberg’s global data and news resources, we are truly in a unique position to provide industry leaders and institutional investors the tools they need to not only navigate the investment climate, but also to make the most profitable decisions.”
In addition to the two-day summit, on June 5 Bloomberg LIVE will also host “Focus on Fintech,” an evening discussion of the global financial technology landscape with top investors who will examine the hot spots, the deals, and the latest technologies that are defining the next generation of fintech investment. Speakers include Matt Harris, Managing Director, Bain Capital Ventures; Jalak Jobanputra, Founder and Managing Partner, Future/Perfect Ventures; Rumi Morales, Executive Director, CME Ventures; Arvind Purushotham, Global Head of Venture Investing, Citi Ventures; and Mike Sigal, Partner, 500 Startups. This invitation-only event will include a networking reception for those in attendance.
Invest New York comes on the heels of the successful second annual Bloomberg Breakaway Summit, a two-day conference for a select group of CEOs from high-growth companies. Speakers at this year’s event included U.S. Secretary Wilbur Ross, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Deloitte CEO Cathy Engelbert and Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan.
Full list of speakers at the Bloomberg Invest New York Summit:
• Gina Martin Adams, Chief U.S. Equity Strategist, Bloomberg Intelligence
• Cliff Asness, Co-Founder, Managing Principal and Chief Investment Officer, AQR Capital
• Tucker Balch, Co-Founder and Chief Scientist, Lucena Research
• Valerie Bannert-Thurner, Global Head of Risk and Surveillance Solutions, Nasdaq
• Thomas J. Barrack, Jr., Executive Chairman, Colony NorthStar
• Jonathan Beinner, Chief Investment Officer, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
• Pascal Blanqué, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Global Head of Institutional Business and Chief Investment Officer, Amundi Group
• Michael R. Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies; Three-term Mayor of New York City
• Jim Chanos, Founding and Managing Partner, Kynikos Associates LP
• Neil Chriss, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Hutchin Hill Capital
• Bill Ford, Chief Executive Officer, General Atlantic
• Adena Friedman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Nasdaq
• Vicki Fuller, Chief Investment Officer, New York State Common Retirement Fund
• Joel Greenblatt, Managing Principal and Co-Chief Investment Officer, Gotham Asset Management
• Bill Gross, Portfolio Manager, Global Macro Fixed Income, Janus Capital Group
• David Hunt, President and Chief Executive Officer, PGIM
• Daniel J. Ivascyn, Group Chief Investment Officer, PIMCO
• Marc Levine, Chairman, Illinois State Board of Investment
• Hanif Mamdani, Head of Alternative Investments, RBC Global Asset Management, Inc.
• Andrew McCaffery, Global Head of Alternatives and Group Head of Solutions, Aberdeen
• Christopher Merrill, Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer, Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, LLC
• Kristi Mitchem, Chief Executive Officer, Wells Fargo Asset Management
• Ron Mock, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
• Ronald P. O’Hanley, President and Chief Executive Officer, State Street Global Advisors
• Bruce Richards, Co-Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer, Marathon Asset Management
• David M. Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer, The Carlyle Group
• Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Blackstone
• Paul E. Singer, Founder and President, Elliott Management Corporation
• Mark Spitznagel, President and Chief Investment Officer, Universa Investments, L.P.
• Robert F. Wallace, Chief Executive Officer, Stanford Management Company
• Jon Winkelried, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Partner, TPG
• Glenn Youngkin, President and Chief Operating Officer, The Carlyle Group
The Bloomberg Invest Summit is sponsored by Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, Abu Dhabi Global Market, Nasdaq, PowerShares by Invesco QQQ and SEI.
To learn more about the Bloomberg Invest New York Summit, including additional details on the speakers, agenda and sponsors, please visit: https://www.bloomberglive.com/bloomberg-invest-summit/
Follow the conversation on Twitter with @BloombergLIVE and #BloombergInvest.
Bloomberg LIVE convenes newsmakers, influencers and up-and-comers for candid and compelling conferences that complement the journalism Bloomberg creates for TV, print, digital, radio and the Bloomberg terminal–the world’s most valuable online community comprised of hundreds of thousands of financial professionals. The gatherings provide essential content and bring top leaders together to exchange ideas and share expertise with their peers. Attendance is by invitation only.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
# # #
Contact for Bloomberg: