April 5, 2018
The event is part of the company’s cross-platform editorial initiative focused on supporting diversity and inclusion initiatives in the workforce.
Peter T. Grauer, Chairman of Bloomberg LP, will host and deliver opening remarks. Other speakers include Elizabeth Nyamayaro, Senior Advisor to Under Secretary-General and Executive Director for UN Women and Global Head, HeForShe Initiative; Eileen Murray, Co-CEO of Bridgewater Associates; and Julie Sweet, CEO – North America, Accenture.
NEW YORK, April 5, 2018 — Bloomberg Live today announced the launch of Bloomberg’s inaugural Business of Equality, an invitation-only event focused on fostering a discussion among influential business leaders, advocates and activists about diversity and inclusion initiatives in the workforce, the future of equality, and what is at stake for both the economy and society at-large. The event will be held on Tuesday, May 8th at Bloomberg’s Global Headquarters in New York City.
“Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace must be a top priority for any business,” said Peter T. Grauer, Chairman of Bloomberg LP and Founding Chairman of the U.S. 30% Club. “Bloomberg’s Business of Equality will address a broad range of issues of equity across dimensions and industries, including gender, racial and socio-economic equality, social justice, immigration and more. The discussion is intended to help senior executives establish an informed vision for diversity for their companies and respective industries.”
Data from Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index (GEI), a reference index that measures gender equality across internal company statistics, employee policies, external community support and engagement, and gender-conscious product offerings, will be incorporated into various panels throughout the day.
“Bloomberg’s Business of Equality is meant to serve as a unique forum that puts executives from across corporate America in the same room with advocates and activists to discuss the data, thought leadership, and best practices,” said Erika Irish Brown, Bloomberg’s Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion. “This way, we can generate meaningful dialogue about equality, and have our participants brainstorm solutions that will create actionable results that lead to real change.”
Speakers and panelists include:
• Dr. Rohini Anand, Corporate Responsibility Senior Vice President and Global Chief Diversity Officer, Sodexo
• Kim Azzarelli, Co-Founder, Seneca Women
• Chelsea Clinton, Vice Chairman, Clinton Foundation
• Diane von Furstenberg, Chairman and Founder, Diane von Furstenberg Studio
• Jason Flom, CEO, Lava Records; Founding Board Member of the Innocence Project
• Alicia Garza, Principal, Black Futures Lab; Strategy and Partnerships Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance; Black Lives Matter, Co-Founder
• Peter T. Grauer, Chairman, Bloomberg LP
• Christina Lewis Halpern, Founder and CEO, All Star Code
• Arlan Hamilton, Founder and Managing Partner, Backstage Capital
• Chelsea Handler, New York Times best-selling Author, Comedian and Activist
• Erika Irish Brown, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Bloomberg
• Cristina Jiménez, Executive Director and Co-Founder, United We Dream
• Christina Jones, Fortune Society Participant and Butter & Scotch Employee
• Ashley Judd, Actress, Author and Humanitarian
• Allison Kave, Co-Owner, Butter & Scotch
• Mara Keisling, Founder and Executive Director, National Center for Transgender Equality
• Natasha Lamb, Managing Partner, Director of Equality Research & Shareholder Engagement, Arjuna Capital
• Rodney O. Martin, Jr., Chairman and CEO, Voya Financial
• DeRay Mckesson, Civil Rights Activist; Host, Pod Save the People
• Eileen K. Murray, Co-CEO, Bridgewater Associates, LP
• Jim Murren, CEO, MGM Resorts International
• Elizabeth Nyamayaro, Senior Advisor to Under Secretary-General; Executive Director of UN Women; Global Head, HeForShe Initiative
• JoAnne Page, President and CEO, The Fortune Society
• Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO, Social Capital
• Trevor Phillips, Chairman, Center for Talent Innovation
• Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer, P&G
• Danica Roem, Delegate 13th District, Virginia House of Delegates
• Suzanne Shank, Chairwoman and CEO, Siebert Cisneros Shank & Co. LLC
• Dr. Stacy L. Smith, Director, USC Inclusion Initiative
• Doniel Sutton, Senior Vice President and Global Head of People, PayPal
• Julie Sweet, CEO – North America, Accenture
• Carolyn Tastad, Group President – North America, P&G
• Karyn Twaronite, Partner and Global Diversity & Inclusiveness Officer, EY
• Melanne Verveer, Co-Founder, Seneca Women
• Barbara H. Whye, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer and Human Resources Vice President, Intel Corporation
“We are excited to launch the inaugural Bloomberg Business of Equality at such a pivotal moment in the conversation around diversity and inclusion,” said Mark Miller, Editor of Bloomberg Live. “The event will leverage the full resources of the Bloomberg ecosystem, creating a robust and enlightening day of discussion, aimed at highlighting solutions that the participating companies can use to make demonstrable progress.”
Business of Equality is proudly sponsored by P&G, Bank of America, Willis Towers Watson, Unicorn Crowdfunding and PowerShares QQQ by Invesco.
To learn more about the event, please visit: https://www.bloomberglive.com/bloomberg-business-of-equality. Follow the conversation on Twitter with @BloombergLIVE and #BloombergEquality.
Bloomberg Live, the events platform of Bloomberg Media, brings together the expertise of the largest newsroom in the world, featuring more than 2,700 journalists and analysts across 120 countries, with the immense data and analytical power of Bloomberg Intelligence and Bloomberg Global Data to enable its celebrated moderators and speakers to produce compelling, news-making conversations.
Bloomberg Media, the consumer-facing media organization of Bloomberg LP, is the leading global business and financial media company reaching a premium audience of 62 million consumers. With more than 2,700 journalists and analysts across 120 countries, Bloomberg Media connects influential audiences to news, ideas and intelligence across digital, TV, radio, print and live events.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
# # #
Contacts for Bloomberg: