April 20, 2023
Six Bloomberg Originals Will Debut in Q2 2023
New York (April 20, 2023) – Bloomberg Media will debut six new original programs in Q2 2023. The roll out follows the launch of Bloomberg Originals, a new brand for streaming original video programming, including cinematic documentary-style deep-dives, talk shows, live events and video podcasts.
The robust lineup reflects Bloomberg Media’s commitment to smart, long-form programming at the intersection of business and culture, and designed for the streaming era. Bloomberg Originals features diverse voices and data-led journalism hosted by experts in technology, finance, sports, and more.
Q2 2023 Bloomberg Originals slate includes:
- AI IRL (April 19): Bloomberg journalists Jackie Davalos and Nate Lanxon explore the ways AI is infiltrating real life. The 12-episode series delves into the ways AI is transforming fields like medicine, art, warfare and crime. Big picture and conversational, AI IRL will bring viewers to the forefront of this technology and interrogate its most persuasive evangelists and critics.
- Bloomberg Investigates (April 26): Bloomberg’s signature documentary show will take viewers behind-the-scenes of feature journalism. Powered by the latest and most impactful stories in the newsroom, reporters will walk through the biggest enterprise stories on their beat through on the ground reporting, analysis and more.
- Odd Lots (May 1): In the video version of the popular podcast, Bloomberg’s Joe Weisenthal and Tracy Alloway explore the most interesting topics in finance, markets, and economics. The hosts will debut a new studio for Bloomberg Originals and will be joined by guests in person.
- Next In Sports (May 31): The dynamic interview series lives at the intersection of business, sports and culture. Bloomberg journalists Jason Kelly and Vanessa Perdomo explore new sports — and new innovations in existing leagues — by meeting the creators and athletes where they are. From the Pickleball courts of Arizona to the Formula 1 simulators in the United Kingdom to the board rooms of Wall Street, they’ll illustrate how ambition and entrepreneurship in the sports world are reshaping economics and equality.
- The Circuit With Emily Chang (June 8): Hosted by Bloomberg journalist Emily Chang, The Circuit is a fast-paced, dynamic interview series that centers on the intersection of business, culture, and leadership. Each week, Emily will go into the field to meet the biggest influencers across a broad swath of entrepreneurship, culture, and tech. The intimate interviews will give viewers a peek behind-the-scenes of the most exciting companies and biggest personalities in modern business. Sponsored by AT&T Business.
In 2022, Bloomberg Media reached more than 30 million viewers monthly on streaming video platforms with its original programming and news; as well as another 49 million viewers on social media (not including YouTube). Overall Bloomberg video watch time jumped by +34.3% YoY in Q4 2022, as Bloomberg Originals looks to continue serving this audience of modern business leaders with longer-form content.
Bloomberg Originals programming streams on the Bloomberg app on Connected TV (CTV) devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, and Android TV and is also available via Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, Amazon’s news app on Fire TV, The Roku Channel, Tubi and VIZIO WatchFree+. The programming also broadcasts during select primetime and weekend time slots on Bloomberg TV and BTV+ and streams on Bloomberg.com.
About Bloomberg Media
Bloomberg Media is the world’s leading multi-platform media company for business and finance, which draws on the editorial resources of more than 2,700 editorial professionals globally in more than 120 countries. Bloomberg Media is the consumer-facing media organization of Bloomberg L.P.