May 27, 2022
Programs cover a range of topics from crypto and financial crime to daily news and local politics
May 27, 2022 – Bloomberg Media and iHeartMedia, the No.1 podcast publisher globally according to Podtrac, today announced its lineup of new original podcasts for 2022, featuring a mix of daily and weekly news programs and narrative-style limited series. These five shows will be the first podcasts to debut as part of a multiyear agreement to co-produce and distribute more than a dozen new original podcasts. The full slate of shows is distributed by the iHeartPodcast Network and can be heard on iHeartRadio and everywhere podcasts are available.
Slate of upcoming podcasts for 2022:
– Bloomberg Crypto (Premiering June 2022): Bloomberg’s reporting team will tease out what’s actually important in the crypto conversation in this daily podcast. Led by stacy-marie ishmael, the newsroom’s managing editor for crypto, Bloomberg Crypto will draw on reporters from every region around the globe and highlight credible voices in the industry. Expect informed discussions of everything from regulation to alt coins to the environmental impact of an asset class that is already changing the landscape of finance. Listen to the trailer for Bloomberg Crypto HERE.
– Bedrock, USA (Premiering July 2022): In a super-divided, pandemic-era America awash in conspiracies and misinformation, Bedrock, USA is about a group of people who didn’t like what they saw happening in their local governments, and decided to get involved – whether that meant holding a rally, recalling an official or storming their government with bullhorns and threats. Their stories show how far-right ideologies enter into local politics – sometimes quietly, other times at full volume. Hosted by Bloomberg CityLab reporter Laura Bliss, Bedrock, USA will be a limited series podcast about political extremism, small town life and the fight for democracy.
– In Trust (Premiering September 2022): In Trust will be a limited series about how members of one of the wealthiest families in Osage County, Oklahoma – home to the federally recognized Osage Nation – came to own more land in the area than anyone else. The series will uncover a massive transfer of wealth a century ago, out of Osage hands and into white ones – facilitated by the United States government — and how the Osage Nation is fighting to reverse decades of land loss today.
– The Big Take (Premiering September 2022): Listeners will become immersed in the most urgent stories of the day – on business, markets, economics, finance, politics, technology and more – with The Big Take, a new daily podcast that will feature in-depth, original reporting from Bloomberg’s journalists around the world. Hosted by Weston Kosova, The Big Take will take the audience behind the news to make sense of what’s happening, and why it matters, with richly told stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
– Crash Course (Premiering October 2022): Hosted by Bloomberg Opinion senior columnist Tim O’Brien, Crash Course will bring listeners directly into the arenas where epic business and social upheavals occur. Every week, Crash Course will explore the lessons to be learned when creativity and ambition collide with competition and power — on Wall Street and Main Street, and in Hollywood and Washington.
Bloomberg Media’s podcasts offer unparalleled insights and analysis into the financial and business worlds through a mixture of timely reporting and narrative style programs. Drawing on the journalistic strength of a global newsroom of more than 2,700 journalists and analysts, Bloomberg Media’s podcasts deliver quality audio content that cover an extensive range of topics across business, finance, economics, technology, healthcare, and more. Its offering of podcasts already includes Foundering, Masters in Business, Odd Lots, The Pay Check, Prognosis, Stephanomics and more.
About Bloomberg Media
Bloomberg Media is the world’s leading multi-platform media company for business and finance, which draws on the editorial resources of more than 2,700 editorial professionals globally in more than 120 countries. Bloomberg Media is the consumer-facing media organization of Bloomberg L.P.
iHeartMedia, Inc. [Nasdaq: IHRT] is the leading audio media company in America, reaching over 90% of Americans every month, and has a portfolio of unmatched consumer brands and industry-leading events. iHeart’s broadcast radio assets alone have more consumer reach in the U.S. than any other media outlet; twice the reach of the next largest broadcast radio company; and over four times the ad-enabled reach of the largest digital only audio service. iHeart is the largest podcast publisher according to Podtrac, with more downloads than the next four podcast publishers combined; has the number one social footprint among audio players, with seven times more followers than the next audio media brand; and is the only fully integrated audio ad tech solution across broadcast, streaming and podcasts. The company continues to leverage its strong audience connection and unparalleled consumer reach to build new platforms, products and services. Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.