June 25, 2018
Summit spotlights ASEAN’s pivotal year ahead as an economic bloc
Bangkok, 25 June 2018 — Bloomberg, in collaboration with key sponsors Bangkok Bank and the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB), today announced the fourth Bloomberg ASEAN Business Summit to be held in Bangkok on 12 July, 2018 at the Siam Kempinski Hotel.
The conference will convene ASEAN leaders across business, finance and government to discuss ASEAN’s economic future, its opportunities and challenges. His Excellency Dr Uttama Savanaya, Minister of Industry, Kingdom of Thailand, will deliver the opening address.
“We are pleased to be partnering with Bloomberg once again to bring the Bloomberg ASEAN Business Summit to Bangkok,” said Chartsiri Sophonpanich, President of Bangkok Bank. “As a leading regional bank in Southeast Asia, we look forward to helping businesses tap into the immense economic opportunities in ASEAN.”
“The Bloomberg ASEAN Business Summit is held at a critical time for ASEAN amid a shift in the global strategic balance, with rising trade tensions impacting business confidence and investment decisions,” said Parry Ravindranathan, Managing Director, International, Bloomberg Media Group. “We are glad to be back in Bangkok to facilitate invigorating and solution-oriented conversations on how to position ASEAN for the future.”
“ASEAN as an economic bloc is becoming an increasingly important driver of global growth. The Summit will leverage the full resources of the Bloomberg news eco system, creating a robust discussion among the region’s most influential newsmakers around ASEAN’s opportunities and challenges,” said Otis Bilodeau, Senior Executive Editor, Asia Pacific, Bloomberg News.
Panel highlights include:
- Kickstarting ASEAN growth with infrastructure
- ASEAN’s consensus dilemma
- Developing a financial system for the future
- How can ASEAN businesses succeed internationally
- The year ahead for investing
Speakers confirmed to date include:
- H.E. Dr. Uttama Savanayana, Minister of Industry, Kingdom of Thailand
- H.E. Veerathai Santiprabhob, Governor, Bank of Thailand
- H.E. Dr. Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Amol Gupte, Head of Asean & CEO Singapore, Citigroup
- Anita George, Global Head of Emerging Markets, CDPQ
- Chartsiri Sophonpanich, President, Bangkok Bank
- Claus Andresen, President, Southeast Asia, SAP
- Don Kanak, Chairman, Eastspring Investments
- Pakorn Peetathawatchai, incoming President, SET
- Gaggan Anand, Owner & Executive Chef, Gaggan
- Jim O’Gara, President, South Asia District, UPS
- Kanit Sangsubhan, Secretary-General, Eastern Economic Corridor Office of Thailand
- Kattiya Indaravijaya, President, Kasikornbank
- Madhur Deora, SVP & CFO, PayTM
- Naveen Menon, President, Cisco Asean
- Pahala Mansury, CEO, Garuda
- Richard Fenning, CEO, Control Risks
- Sharon Toh, Head of Asean Region, SWIFT
- Shinta Widjaja Kamdani, CEO, Sintesa Group
- Sutapa Amornvivat, Chief Executive, SCB Abacus
- Thanatorn Juangroongruangkit, EVP, Thai Summit Group & Founder, The Future Forward Party
- Yol Phokasub, President, Central Group
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: https://www.bloomberglive.com/asean-2018/ or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@BloombergLIVE).
About Bangkok Bank
Bangkok Bank is one of Southeast Asia’s leading regional banks, Thailand’s market leader in corporate and business banking, and has the country’s largest retail customer base. Internationally, Bangkok Bank has the largest overseas branch network of any Thai bank with 32 overseas locations in 15 economies, including branches in 9 ASEAN countries. The Bank’s market leadership is due to its philosophy of developing long-term supportive partnerships with its customers and the impressive breadth and depth of services it offers to both local and international clients.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
Mr. Aphiwat Punnopakorn, Vice President, Public Relations Department, Bangkok Bank PCL.
Mobile Tel: +66-2353-5351, Email: email@example.com
Grace Ngoh, +65-6231-3690, firstname.lastname@example.org