October 31, 2017
Anita Hill, Roger Goodell, Carlos Ghosn to headline Bloomberg’s The Year Ahead Summit
New York, October 25, 2017 — Bloomberg Live announced the full list of speakers and agenda for its annual The Year Ahead Summit, set for November 8th at Bloomberg’s global headquarters in New York City. The invitation-only event provides business leaders and global influencers with forward-looking insight into the changes and challenges global CEOs can expect to face in the coming year and how their businesses can get ahead. Speakers include Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO of Renault-Nissan- Mitsubishi Alliance, Jim Coulter, Co-CEO of TPG, Roger Goodell, Commissioner of the National Football League and Weight Watchers President and CEO Mindy Grossman. Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait will sit down with Anita Hill, twenty-six years after she ignited a transformative national conversation on sexual harassment, to discuss recent events pertaining to workplace culture and the significant changes still needed.
“The conversations held by the distinguished speakers at this year’s summit will arm attendees with the knowledge they need to make smart business decisions in the coming year,” said Stephen Colvin, Global Head of Bloomberg Live. “Bloomberg is uniquely positioned to offer an event that has both breadth and depth by leveraging the resources of the Bloomberg ecosystem as well as our world-class research arm Bloomberg Intelligence.”
The summit will formally kick off on November 7th with an intimate conversation with contemporary artist Jeff Koons about his career and his views on global art trends to watch in 2018. The interview will be followed by a dinner sponsored by Hennessy Paradis Impérial.
“As one of our signature multi-platform franchises, The Year Ahead will address a myriad of topics shaping the future of global business, including the ongoing geopolitical uncertainty, A.I.’s impact on the radically changing nature of work, the next generation of cyber security challenges and the most promising new global investment opportunities,” said Mark Miller, Editor of Bloomberg Live. “We’ll deliver the annual issue of Bloomberg Businessweek timed with the summit, along with dedicated coverage across digital, television and radio.”
Full list of speakers at The Year Ahead Summit:
- Anita L. Allen, Vice Provost for Faculty and the Henry R. Silverman Professor of Law and Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania
- General David H. Petraeus (U.S. Army, Ret.), Chairman, KKR Global Institute
- Michael Corbat, CEO, Citigroup
- Mike Cordano, President and Chief Operating Officer, Western Digital
- Jim Coulter, Co-CEO, TPG
- David Ferrucci, CEO and Founder, Elemental Cognition
- Jack Fusco, President and CEO, Cheniere Energy Partners LP
- Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO, Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
- Roger Goodell, Commissioner, National Football League
- Mindy Grossman, President and CEO, Weight Watchers International
- Dexter Hadley, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Anita Hill, University Professor of Law, Public Policy and Women’s Studies; Heller Graduate School of Policy and Management, Brandeis University
- Jeff Koons, Artist
- Anna Lembke, Associate Professor and Chief of Addiction Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Will Marshall, Co-Founder and CEO, Planet
- Jennifer Palmieri, President, Center for American Progress Action Fund
- Amanda Rousseau, Malware Researcher, Endgame
- Nicolle Wallace, Political Analyst and Host, NBC News
- Mitchell Weinberg, Founder and CEO, INSCATECH
- Mary Wittenberg, CEO, Virgin Sport
- George D. Yancopoulos, President and Chief Scientific Officer, Regeneron
The Year Ahead Summit is sponsored by Huawei, Western Digital, PowerShares QQQ by Invesco and Hennessy Paradis Impérial.
As part of Bloomberg Media’s global live events expansion, The Year Ahead Summit Asia will be held for the first time on December 6th in Jakarta, Indonesia.
To learn more about The Year Ahead Summit, including additional details on the speakers, agenda and sponsors, please visit: https://www.bloomberglive.com/the-year-ahead/
Follow the conversation on Twitter with @BloombergLIVE and #TheYearAhead.
Bloomberg Live convenes newsmakers, influencers and up-and-comers for candid and compelling conferences that complement the journalism Bloomberg creates for TV, print, digital, radio and the Bloomberg terminal–the world’s most valuable online community comprised of hundreds of thousands of financial professionals. The gatherings provide essential content and bring top leaders together to exchange ideas and share expertise with their peers. Attendance is by invitation only.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
# # #
Contact for Bloomberg: